Pitta Cooling Green rice Recipe with Fresh Coconut & coriander chutney!
Updated: Jul 4, 2019
Summer is a season where due to the intense heat & transformation seen in the nature there is pitta aggravation seen in nature. Ayurveda's basic principles of healthy living teaches us to lead a harmonious life as per the seasons and changes in outside atmosphere. So, it is vital that during summer one has to follow diet & lifestyle regimen which can balance the Pitta.
Today, I am sharing a Cooling Pitta Green Rice recipe which can reduce the pitta aggravation in your Mindbody.
Here I have used the cooling Greens like Mint,Cilantro & Basil along with rice & cashew nuts to create this recipe.
1. MINT LEAVES - 30 in number or 100 gms in total.
2. BASMATI RICE - 200 GMS
3. BASIL LEAVES - 6 in number
4. GREEN CHILLI - 1 cut in to small pieces
5. CASHEW NUTS - To garnish
6. CILANTRO LEAVES - 150 GMS
1. Cook rice in a pressure cooker/rice cooker by adding only 3 glasses of water. Once the rice is cooked keep it in warm for couple of minutes.
2. Let it sit for a while till it cools off. In a separate pan add 1.5 table spoons of ghee/oil and add green chilli, mint leaves & basil leaves. Fry them till the raw smell is gone. Once they attain dark green colour switch off the hob.
3. Once that cools off add them in a blender along with fresh cilantro leaves and grind it to a smooth paste. Add this smooth paste to the rice along with salt as per taste.
4. I have used ghee for most part because ghee is soothing for pitta but if you would like to use oil it's absolutely fine.
5. I have served this with fresh coconut & cilantro chutney on a traditional Indian steel plate because I love eating rice on steel plate as it reminds me of home.
COCONUT & CILANTRO CHUTNEY
1. CILANTRO - hand full (100 gms)
2. Coconut grated - 100 gms
3. Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
4. Water - 50 ml